Variety of work continues as the biggest feature of Lynda’s role as Project Support Engineer at Penmann!
On joining the business in late 2021 she reported in directly to MD, Damian Kirwin. In very short order he saw in Lynda someone who could multi skill, pick things up and run with them! The Operations team that she’s been supporting have also benefited hugely from her abilities in preparing design calculations into procurement, on site engineer support, estimating and AutoCAD.
Now reporting to Operations Manager, Darren Walker-Brown, Lynda has widened the scope of her role with colleagues also seeing her capabilities:
- Taking a lead with procurement activities which include negotiating with suppliers, creating and updating design drawings and coordinating project site logistics.
- Additional research and investigative administration, improving supplier relationships, international contract work requiring tenacity to get the paperwork correct.
- Obtaining quotes for Projects to support commercial decisions, following these through to order and delivery.
- Compliance with test equipment testing and calibration.
- O&M – Obtaining data and creating project specific manuals for our clients.
Commenting Lynda said: “The volume of business at Penmann has grown substantially since I joined the company and there is never a dull moment! It’s challenging and rewarding.
The Working from Home policy introduced by Penmann has been a godsend too for me as a busy Mum of 2 teenagers, allowing me to fit in school and medical appointments without the need to take full days off at a time.
The Team Engagement programme during 2022 was fantastic for me as a new joiner. I got to know colleagues in a more social setting, helping to strengthen relationships. My colleagues are hardworking, diligent and generous with their time when I ask questions, despite being busy.
As someone who is competitive by nature I have loved the team outings and challenges!
This time last year I said that Penmann is a great place to be – a growing, caring business with values that align firmly with my own. My view remains that Penmann really is a great place to work and I look forward to being part of the continued success”.